Terms & Conditions
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully before placing any order with Tech Sofa.
- Tech Sofa, trading as Sofa Success Ltd, terms and conditions apply when placing an order with Tech Sofa by any method.
- By placing an order with Tech Sofa, the customer accepts and agrees to these Terms & Conditions.
- Techsofa.com is owned and operated by Tech Sofa trading as Sofa Success Ltd registered office: Oakley House, Oakley Road, Battledown, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 6NZ Company Number: 10162564
- Tech Sofa, trading as Sofa Success Ltd, reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please note, any photographs, product descriptions and measurements illustrated on our website, catalogues, emails, swatches and brochures are approximate.
- All goods are manufactured within the standard industry measurement tolerances.
- All products are sold subject to availability.
- The customer should note that the product colour displayed may not be 100% accurate due to the settings on a computer, monitor or printer – therefore this may not represent the product’s true colour.
- The customer's order is unique to the customer and will be supplied in accordance with the specifications detailed in the order confirmation.
- The customer must understand that all goods may have a slight dye/shade and grain variation.
- Materials may also change with age, exposure to the sun and other climate conditions.
- Occasionally, Tech Sofa may supply goods with minor differences and specifications due to reasonable circumstances beyond our control. In this case, the changes will be of equal or improved standard. This does not affect your statutory rights by law. Our guarantee still applies.
- Tech Sofa takes reasonable measures in packing the products properly, to ensure orders are delivered in excellent condition.
- Tech Sofa will not be held responsible for damage to products caused by accidental or deliberate damage, normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect or abuse by the customer or any third party.
Cancellations, Returns & Refunds
- Order cancellations or amendments prior to delivery should be confirmed, in writing, by the customer named on the order, to the Tech Sofa Customer Support team. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- In accordance with the Consumer Protection Regulation 2000, the customer has the statutory right to return any product purchased, within 14 working days after delivery.
- Should the customer wish to return a non-faulty product, the customer, as the consumer will be responsible for the cost. This will be charged at £79.00 Inc. VAT.
- In order to return a product, please contact our Customer Support team within 14 working days of delivery. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of notice of cancellation/after inspection of the product, to the same card from which the payment was taken.
- On return of the product, our delivery team will inspect the product to ensure it is unused and in the same condition that it was delivered in.
- The customer has a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) in their possession. Tech Sofa reserve the right to deduct a usage charge from the refund should the customer fail to comply with this obligation.
- The customer must keep the delivery note and/or receipt, as proof of purchase.
- In the unlikely event that a product is faulty upon delivery, Tech Sofa Customer Support team will arrange for the product to be repaired or replaced free of charge. In order to do this, repairs may need to be carried out at the delivery address using a third-party repairer.
- If the repair or replacement of a faulty product is not possible, a refund will be provided of the amount paid for the product, to the card from which payment was taken, within 30 days of the collection date.
- Tech Sofa is not obliged to offer a product replacement or exchange if the customer has declined the offer of a repair.
- Tech Sofa may deduct a 10-20% usage charge for returns depending on when the order was delivered.
- Should the customer relocate a Tech Sofa product from the delivery address to any other address, Tech Sofa will only collect products located within mainland England, Wales and Scotland.
- Should the customer move the product outside mainland England, Wales and Scotland, it is the customer's responsibility to arrange for it to be returned to Tech Sofa.
- Tech Sofa will not be liable for damages caused by the customer when moving or transporting products.
- Nothing in this section of Cancellations, Returns & Refunds affects your statutory rights.
- Payment methods include Credit, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and 0% interest-free credit.
- Tech Sofa shall take payment from the card once the order is received. Once Tech Sofa has checked the card details and the availability of the product(s), the order will be processed.
- Payments made by a finance agreement may require a deposit to be paid at the time of order.
- All payments made by a finance agreement will require payment in full including the value of the order, VAT and the delivery cost when the order is made.
- Payments for all products must be via Credit, Debit card or Tech Sofa's approved finance companies; Klarna and Shopify.
- In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, the following payment option is available. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Tech Sofa reserve the right to amend product prices and delivery charges. This will not affect orders which have already been placed.
- All prices are shown in Pounds Sterling and include VAT.
- The price of any product will be as specified on techsofa.com, unless in case of an obvious error.
- Interest-free credit is available on all items priced over £400.
- Tech Sofa's credit providers are Creation Finance and Klarna. Finance is subject to status and approval.
- Creation EXAMPLE: 0% APR representative – Cash price £599, no deposit. 12 monthly payments of £49.92. The total payment is £599, 0% fixed interest rate.
- Delivery charges are not included in the price displayed.
- Some special offers/clearance items may not be available for interest-free credit.
- Where credit approval is deferred, goods will not be scheduled for delivery until approval is granted by the finance provider.
- Tech Sofa will advise the finance providers to activate the customer's account from the date of agreed delivery, depending upon the finance product taken.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by Tech Sofa.
- Once an order has been processed, the product(s) will be assembled, as detailed on an order confirmation.
- To make any minor amendments to an order, the customer must notify Tech Sofa in writing within 7 days of placing the order.
- Tech Sofa schedules 95% of deliveries nationwide using their own specialist delivery teams, geographical restrictions apply. Unfortunately, it is not possible to give an exact delivery date until the scheduling team have assigned deliveries by region. Tech Sofa will then contact the customer by telephone to offer a delivery date.
- If Tech Sofa is unable to accept an order, for example, a product may be out of stock, the customer will be notified to confirm this and a refund will be processed, as soon as possible and, in any event, within 10 days.
- Tech Sofa only process orders for and delivers products to customers in mainland UK at our standard delivery charge of £79.00.
- The estimated delivery time is quoted in the order confirmation; 2-4 weeks for England and Wales, and 4-8 weeks for Scotland. Tech Sofa makes every effort to deliver products as quickly as possible. Timings may occasionally differ from those quoted. If Tech Sofa is made aware of such changes they will advise accordingly.
- Tech Sofa considers a delay of up to 4 weeks over the estimated delivery date to be acceptable, and should this be exceeded, Tech Sofa will refund the delivery charge upon request.
- Deliveries take place Monday-Friday (except on national bank holidays) and Tech Sofa will contact customers by telephone or email to offer a delivery date.
- Tech Sofa will make a reasonable effort to contact customers one working day prior to the agreed delivery date to advise of the 2-hour delivery window. The delivery team will also call the customer half an hour ahead of arrival.
- If the customer is unable to keep to an arranged delivery date, Tech Sofa must be notified within 2 working days prior to delivery, failure to do so or if the customer is not at home on the day of delivery arranged, a re-delivery charge will apply.
- If the customer is unable to accept the delivery date offered, the estimated delivery time originally quoted may be delayed.
- As part of the delivery service, the Tech Sofa Delivery Team will place the product(s) in a room of choice and remove all packaging for recycling. A full demo of how to use the product will be given. This service is not available to customers in the following postcodes AB, DD, IV, PA, PH, G63, G83, FK7 to FK20 as delivery will be outsourced to a third-party courier. An additional assembly service is available. Please contact Tech Sofa for more information.
- The customer is responsible for checking the condition of the products delivered and must highlight any issues to the delivery team at the time of delivery which will be noted and addressed.
- The customer may be required to sign a waiver in the event that any doors need to be removed to gain access.
- The customer must arrange for an adult to be at the delivery address to accept the delivery of the order.
- When the delivery is complete, the delivery team will ask the customer to confirm they are completely happy with the new product(s) before they leave by signing their documentation. Delivery of the order shall be completed once the confirmation of the delivery document is signed.
- Customers are advised not to dispose of their current furniture until Tech Sofa has contacted them to confirm a delivery date.
- Unfortunately, Tech Sofa does not offer a removal service for old furniture. Tech Sofa recommends contacting the local council/charity, which may be able to assist in the responsible removal/disposal of old furniture.
- Delivery charges may apply to all orders.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that there is clear access and space to receive the delivery.
- The customer must make Tech Sofa aware of any special circumstances that would affect delivery (for example, delivery up flights of stairs, gated access, parking restrictions, narrow roads, one-way systems, rural tracks, limited turning space and width or height restrictions).
- Any additional costs for window/door removals will be solely the customer's responsibility.
- Tech Sofa's delivery team will assess and highlight any concerns they have about delivering the product(s) into the room of choice in case of damage to the property or product(s). The customer may advise the delivery team to continue with the delivery but Tech Sofa will not be liable for damages and may request a disclaimer be signed by the customer.
- For any unsuccessful deliveries where the responsibility lies with the customer, further delivery charges may occur.
- It is important to check that any product can fit through doors and up any staircases prior to delivery using the product measurements to ensure the item can be delivered to the room of choice.
- Tech Sofa offers a 10-year frame guarantee on all sofas and chairs as well as a 1-year guarantee on all other components (fabric, leather, stitching, recline mechanisms, foam, fibre, seats, armrests, springs and all technology components) as standard.
- The guarantee starts from the date of delivery and covers all Tech Sofa products against manufacturing defects for a period of 1 year. The sofa frame construction is guaranteed for an additional 9 years after the initial 1-year guarantee ends.
- This guarantee applies to mainland UK only.
- The guarantee is available only to the individual named on the original order and is not transferrable.
- Ex-display and clearance items are not covered under this guarantee.
- The guarantee does not include normal wear and tear, misuse, neglect, accidental or deliberate damage.
- If the product fails as a result of a manufacturing defect within the guarantee period, the product will, at Tech Sofa's discretion, be repaired or replaced.
- In all cases, Tech Sofa reserve the right to inspect the product to verify any faults.
8a A call-out charge of £60 inc. VAT will be payable to inspect the product covered by the 10-year structural guarantee after the period of 12 months from the date of delivery.
8b Tech Sofa will arrange to inspect the product, and if the fault is deemed to be a manufacturing defect, they will complete the necessary repairs or replacement and refund the call-out charge.
8c The customer may be requested to provide photographic evidence prior to a visit, which will help Tech Sofa to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
8d If a repair is not possible, Tech Sofa reserve the right to replace the product with a product of similar specification.
8e If the product forms part of an order, for example, a 2-seater and a 3-seater sofa, only the product that is confirmed as faulty will be replaced within the terms of this guarantee.
- All Tech Sofa products are manufactured within manufacturing tolerances, and all sizes and specifications are subject to the manufacturer's tolerances.
- This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
- Our Liability
- Tech Sofa guarantee that any product purchased from them will be of adequate quality and reasonably fit for purpose.
- Tech Sofa only supplies goods for domestic and private use, by accepting these terms and conditions the customer agrees not to use these goods for any commercial, business, or resale purposes. As such, Tech Sofa is not liable for business-related losses.
- Any breach of the obligations implied by Section 12 of the Sale of goods act 1979 or Section 2 of the Supply of Goods and services act 1982.
- Defective product(s) under the consumer protection act 1987 or any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for Tech Sofa to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits in any way our liability for:
- Death of personal injury caused by our negligence
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
Title, Risk and Communications
- The products will become the customer's responsibility from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the products will only pass to the customer once Tech Sofa has received full payment, including the delivery charge.
- Applicable laws state that certain information or communication sent to the customer should be in writing; when using techsofa.com or telephone sales, communications will mainly be electronic. For contractual purposes, the customer must agree to this electronic means of communication.
Events outside our control
- Tech Sofa cannot be held liable for any delays/failures in the performance of any of their responsibilities under these Terms & Conditions that have been caused by events outside of reasonable control. Such events include, but are not limited to; industrial action, strikes, lockouts, civil actions such as terrorist attacks, threats of terrorism, war, riots, adverse weather conditions such as floods, storms, earthquakes, fires and natural disasters.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights, in all content published on this website, at all times, will remain with Tech Sofa or its licensors.
- The customer acknowledges and agrees that material published on this website is available for personal use only.
- No part of the material on this website should be used for commercial use by anyone except Tech Sofa.
Accuracy of Content
- Tech Sofa takes every care in the preparation of the content on this website, in particular, to ensure that prices are correct at the time of publishing and that all products have been fairly described.
- Every effort is made to display the product colour as accurately as possible on this website.
- Colour reproduction depends on the screen it is being viewed on. Tech Sofa cannot guarantee that the screen display of the colour is accurate to the actual product.
Damage to PC
- Tech Sofa trading as Sofa Success Ltd makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects.
- Due to the nature of the internet, Tech Sofa cannot guarantee that using this website won’t affect your device.
- Tech Sofa recommends using up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software when using this or any other websites.